I've been thinking a lot about my word for 2012. You know, the one word that summarizes what I want to work on to better my life in the coming year.
This year my word is simplify.
Simplify summarizes what I hope to accomplish in my life perfectly! Let me be clear. I'm not striving for a simple life, there is nothing simple about me - just ask Bill! What I hope to accomplish is to reduce the extraneous things in my life so I can fully enjoy the things that matter to me most.
Here are my plans:
1. This year I will strive to simplify my life by cleaning the clutter from my office, my sewing room and my closets; my life in general. I really want to feel and be more organized!
2. I will strive to list what I hope to accomplish and revel in the satisfaction of crossing off those lines one. by. one.
4. I will simplify my life by remembering that people are more important than things. That holidays aren't just about elaborate decorations and shopping lists but about spending quiet time with the people I love.
5. I want to eat simple, healthy foods (not necessarily those pictured here - sorry Peggy) and continue to strive to eat a sugar free diet.
6. I want to take more long walks on the beach and capture the simple beauty in nature through the lens of my camera.
7. I want to sip and savor this life to its fullest and share it with people I love.
Encourage one another,
One more thing. I couldn't let this year go by without thanking you all for gathering here and encouraging me through your comments. As corny as it may sound, my life has been forever changed because of this blog. Your coming here means so much to me. Thank you! xo